In recent years there has been a massive rise in the number of people who travel across borders for medical treatment & surgery (Medical Tourism market) whilst at the same time Turkey has been recognised as one of these leading destinations in the world.
In order to support any patient who travels to Turkey for medical treatment purposes & increase the growth of this important business sector Turkish Airlines has prepared a support package which offers great benefits to each patient.Turkish Airlines have tried to anticiapte & take into consideration both treatment & recovery time for the patient therefore varous constraints of reservations are overlooked & considerations included to allow for any eventuality that a patient may encounter during their stay in Turkey.
Special discounts and incentives include the following;
Travel from other countries to Turkey:
20% discount (1) on First and Business class system fares, 15% discount on Comfort class system fares and 10% discount (1) on economy class system fares will be applied
- 10kg excess luggage allowance (3) will be issued when discounted fares are used.
- No rebooking penalty will be charged if the rebooking is required for medical complications.
- Maximum 2 companions traveling with the patient are entitled for the same discounts and allowances.
- Passengers travelling for medical purposes are required to present an acceptance letter made from their treating Health Care Establishment at the time of making any reservation.
- Discounts are only applied at Turkish Airlines offices unless otherwise specified.
- Discounts cannot be combined with other discounts. No discounts on promotional fares. No discount for stretcher.
- Flights must be TK only. Code share flights are not included.
- Piece concept (such as USA to Turkey): 2Pc, 23Kg per piece maximum luggage allowance on Turkish Airlines operated flights only.
- Passengers will be charged if upgrade is necessary or other fees are required.
The information contained in the site is to inform only & in no way does it replace a consultation or a medical diagnosis by a qualified doctor.